SafeCoin Weekly Public Meeting Summary | November 21st 2021
Every Sunday, SafeCoin holds a public development meeting to keep the community up to date on the weekly happenings. Here is a summary of our meeting from Sunday November 21st.
There is one outstanding item on the SAFE schedule: Safe.Trade update.
- Safe.Trade anticipates having their upgrade out this week. This will allow USDC-SPL and Solana-based SPL-Tokens to be listed. Users will then be able to use USDC-SPL as an additional trading avenue for SafeCoin.
SafeCoin Upgrade to 1.7.17
- An update to the SafeCoin code base happened earlier this week. So far we are at +90% Stake on the new version. This update will enable the bootstrap node to be taken offline finally. Anyone staking towards that node (Vote Account) should delegate towards a different Validator immediately. This update also lowered Voting Fees for Validators, as well as hard coding the 36m maximum supply.
SafeCoin branded Ledger Nano S Released
- Ledger update has arrived. You can now utilize your Ledger device to store and stake your SafeCoins. Here is a general walk-through on connecting your Ledger to the SafeCoin wallets. The Store should open within a day or two. The first logistics center will be able to service the EU and UK easily. Look for a North American option soon. The ultimate goal is to have an “Amazon-type” store open to SafeCoin transactions.
Powerledger + SafeCoin News
- News went live this week about a working agreement between Powerledger and SafeCoin. POWR is implementing a fork of SafeCoin’s latest consensus (1.7.17) and creating a Private Chain for their network. They wanted to use SafeCoin due to the energy efficiency of the codebase.
- The ongoing work between POWR and SAFE is necessary for both chains to push forward.
- Watch for many more announcements from POWR and SAFE.
Multiple DEX Launches On-Schedule
- SafeSwap DEX will be the traditional DEX launch, with build in AMM swapping, as well as a planned order book trading page.
- Safely DEX will launch along side SafeSwap, but will fall under a regulated umbrella. Many more unreleased details to come.
There is a lot of behind the scenes development going on this week. The Team is overloaded with projects, and anyone wishing to help out would be greatly appreciated! As a Community Project, we need the community to be heavily involved in building, in dApps, How-To materials, etc.
Stay up to date with all SafeCoin Development!