Create a wallet on SafeTrade
How get started trading SafeCoins
A wallet on SafeTrade allows you to buy and sell SafeCoin – and other cryptocurrencies. The wallet is set up within a few steps. All you need is a valid email address. In this tutorial we will guide you through each step.
Note: If you want to stake SafeCoins you will also need a SafeCoin wallet.
Part 1: Go to Safe.trade
- Go first to Safe.Trade to create a new wallet and click the "register" button.
- Once you created a wallet, you can also log in to your wallet at any time on this page. To do so, you can click on the "log in" button and enter your credentials. After that you will get the screen overview like in part 4.
Part 2: Generate a password
- Enter a valid email address in the email field. Create a secure password for your SafeTrade wallet. This means you have to create a password with letters, numbers and special caracters. Use a password generator, if necessary.
- Click the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the Terms of Service".
- Then click in the ReCaptcha box to confirm that you are not a robot. (The content of the box may vary according to your country). A popup will open instantly asking you to click all the images that show a certain term.
- To finish this part, click "sign up".
Part 3: Confirm your email adress
- You will automatically be redirected to a new page on which you will be told to verify your email address. Please click, once again, on the reCaptcha field so that a checkmark occurs.
- We will then send you an email to the provided address. Verify your personal email adress by clicking the "confirm" button in the email.
- Sometimes this process can last a few minutes. If you don't find the email in your inbox, please be so kind to check your spam as well.
Part 4: Log in to your SafeTrade wallet
- You can now log in to your SafeTrade wallet, if this has not been done automatically after confirming your email adress.
- To log in, go back to Safe.Trade website. Under the "sign in" tab your can enter your email address and password and click on "sign in".
- You will then see the cryptocurrencies that can be traded on SafeTrade. Also, on the right side of your screen, your wallet will show you how much of each cryptocurrency you own and the options for withdraw and deposit.
Part 5: Authentication
- In order to be able to buy SafeCoins and other cryptocurrencies for your own security on SafeTrade you will have to enable the two-factor authentication. Otherwise the options of withdraw and deposit won't be available.
- To do so, please click on "Generate SAFE address (2FA required)".
- Then you can verify yourself using the Google authenticator and scanning the QR code. To do so, you need the app, which you can download for free from the Apple and Google Store. Another option would be using the secret MFA code.
- You will then receive a two-factor authentication code in your app. Enter this code in the field under 2fa code.
- Press the enable button.
Part 6: Check authentication
- To check, if your authentification was successful, you can have a look at your profile in the 2FA section. If it says "enabled" in green letters, your wallet is ready for deposit and withdraw – and thus for buying SafeCoins on SafeTrade.
- Alternatively, you will also know that your authentication was successful when you no longer see a 2-factor authentication request in the deposit and withdrawal area of your wallet.
Go further with your SafeTrade wallet
If you have created your wallet on SafeTrade and want to stack SafeCoins, you will also need a SafeCoin wallet. The creation of such a wallet is explained in this tutorial.
If you want to know how to transfer your SafeCoins to a Ledger nano, click through the tutorial on how to use Ledger nano with SafeCoin.